Norovirus is circulating in the local community!

If you have symptoms of Norovirus (diarrhoea and/or vomiting) you are urged not to attend walk-in centre, your GP or the hospital, but to remain at home until you have been clear of symptoms for 48 hours. Please call NHS 111 if you need assistance.

Adult Social Care

Adult Social Care

Adult Social Care


We are delighted to welcome social care colleagues who joined the trust 1 June 2017.


Transferring social care staff to the NHS will provide a seamless service for patients and service users. In the near future they will have one number to call, one person responsible for ensuring their health and social care needs are understood. The new integrated service will also help to meet the increasing demand and financial challenges within health and social care.


Please visit the Wirral Council website for more Adult Social Care information including:



Assess your needs

Getting support for adults


If you are an adult, aged 18 or over, and find it difficult to perform some day-to-day tasks, you may qualify for care and support. You might be struggling as a result of age, illness, disability or any significant change in your life.


There is a variety of support available to help people stay independent and get the most out of life. This could come from the council or from other professional care providers. You can choose from a range of services that meet your needs. Support can be:

  • non-residential, where you are cared for in your own home or parts of your home are altered so it’s easier for you to manage
  • residential, where you receive round-the-clock attention in a care home or nursing home


How to decide what support you need:


To decide on the best support for you, you must first carry out a needs assessment identify your specific needs, based on:

  • your health and safety
  • your ability to manage personal and daily routines
  • your independence
  • your wellbeing
  • your ability to make your own choices


This can be done online on Wirral Council’s website


You can do this for yourself or on behalf of someone you know. The assessment can also be used by professionals such as doctors or care workers. This will allow us to determine what help you may need. This could range from simple advice and information to complex support needs.


Once the assessment is completed:

  • we'll give you immediate information about services, advice and guidance
  • we'll determine if you are likely to need ongoing support; a financial assessment will then be undertaken to establish if you need to contribute to your care costs
  • we'll direct you to a more appropriate source to deal with your request, if the council is not able to help


​Find out about local services that can help you:


LiveWell Wirral is a website where you can find local services that can help you to live independently. This includes groups and organisations that can help with your care and day to day needs such as shopping and getting out and about.

Last Updated: Wednesday, 29 November 2017 16:40

Search the site

nhs choices             Wirral Community NHS Trust is a UNICEF UK Baby Friendly accredited organisation                                      

Wirral Community NHS Trust is a UNICEF UK Baby Friendly accredited organisation.•

RSSFlickrFlickrTwitterYouTubeInstagram Linked In

Wirral Community NHS Trust is not responsible for the content of external sites.